School Age Resources - Professional Development & Technical Assistance
Resources and Information:
LEARNS staff provide phone and e-mail consultation regarding information and available resources. Please use contact numbers below for your specific information requests.
LEARNS staff provide professional development at the local, state and national levels on topics pertaining to achieving quality educational outcomes for students with disabilities. We partner with schools and organizations to increase access, participation and progress in the general curriculum for students with disabilities through the use of current and research based instructional and assessment practices, supports, and accommodations.
Choices for professional development topics include:
- Literacy development for All students
- Challenging behavior
- Brain research and student learning
- Differentiated instruction
- Classroom climate
- Social interactions and friendships
- Disability specific information
- IDEA 2004
- Increasing the expertise of your paraprofessionals
- Collaborative planning and co-teaching
- Supporting student transitions
- Participation and progress in the general curriculum
The LEARNS staff also provides on-site technical assistance. Topics include:
- Administrative consultation for including all students in school-wide initiatives and restructuring
- Inclusive program assessment and recommendations
- Alignment of IEPs with standards
- Child specific consultation
- Student specific consultation may include: classroom observation, record review, interviews with parents and educational team members resulting in: recommendations for instructional strategies, increased social opportunities and engagement, the integration of therapy recommendations into classroom routines, supports for challenging behavior and refining of the IEP.
Most of LEARNS professional development and technical assistance is provided through a fee for service contract. For more information on technical assistance or professional development please use the contact information below.
Technical Assistance Request:
The technical assistance form is designed to help focus your request for assistance for Early Childhood or School Age situations.
- Early Childhood Technical Assistance Request form (in PDF format)
- School Age Technical Request Form (in PDF format)