Bruder, Johnson, Labas and Morris To Discuss Early Childhood Workforce Development
Early Childhood Workforce Development
Wednesday, September 7, 2016
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET
Webinar (no cost, but registration is required)
The early childhood workforce plays a critical role in successfully including children with disabilities in early childhood programs. However, as noted in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services/U.S. Department of Education joint policy statement on early childhood inclusion, there is large variability in the training, education, and expertise of the early childhood workforce to effectively support inclusion. Presenters will discuss current issues related to workforce development and highlight training programs at University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities.
A webinar from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and AUCD’s Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Interest Group.
- Mary Beth Bruder, Ph.D., Professor of Pediatrics and Director of the A.J. Pappanikou Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Research, Education, and Service at the University of Connecticut (CT UCEDD)
- Jennifer Johnson, Ed.D., Deputy Director of the Administration on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AIDD)
- Linda Labas, M.Ed., Early Childhood Coordinator, University of Maine Center for Community Inclusion and Disability Studies (ME UCEDD)
- Sandra Morris, BA, Director, Child Care plus+: The Center on Inclusion in Early Childhood at the Rural Institute for Inclusive Communities, University of Montana (MT UCEDD)
- There is NO cost for this webinar.
- CEUs are not offered for this webinar.
- For disability accommodations email Anna Costalas or call 301.588.8252 a minimum of five days in advance.
- This webinar will be archived.
- We recommend that at least a day before the web-based call that participants confirm your workstation has all the correct plug-ins to connect to the web-based portion of the upcoming call by visiting the following test webpage: http://aucd.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm