Discipline: Social Work
Faculty Mentor: Stephen F. Gilson, Ph.D.
LEND training goals:
- Increase my understanding of and skill to engage in interdisciplinary, family-centered, culturally competent practices.
- Increase my awareness of and ability to navigate the systems currently in place, or needed, to serve and support CSHCN and their families in Maine and New Hampshire.
- Increase my understanding of the evaluation process for children and families when they are referred to a developmental clinic.
- Increase competence and leadership skills in collaborating with community partners to provide continuing education and/or technical assistance related to serving children with special health care needs and their families.
- Inform political leaders of Maine about an issue of importance impacting Children with Special Health Care Needs and their Families.