Piscataquis Thriving in Place Collaborative
The University of Maine Center for Community Inclusion and Disability Studies has received a subcontract from the Charlotte White Center to provide training on person-centered planning and to facilitate person-centered planning for individuals with chronic health conditions as part of the Piscataquis Thriving in Place (TiP) Collaborative. This initiative, funded by the Maine Health Access Foundation (MeHAF), seeks to improve coordination across the continuum of care for people in Piscataquis County with chronic conditions (including elders and people with disabilities) who are at increased risk for hospitalization or other forms of institutional care.
The TiP Collaborative is working to improve the integration and coordination of existing services and create a sustainable resource and referral network. Under the leadership of lead organizations, the Collaborative is also working to build capacity in the following areas:
- Health-Related Transportation: Penquis Agency (Marcia Larkin) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer Recruitment: Pine Tree Hospice (Jane Stitham) email@example.com
- Home-Based Services: Community Health & Counseling Services (Alicia Mooney) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Caregiver Support: Pine Tree Hospice and Charlotte White Center (Meg Callaway) email@example.com
- Community Engagement: Maine Highlands Senior Center (Lesley Fernow) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Person-Centered Planning: University of Maine Center for Community Inclusion and Disability Studies (Janet May) Janet.May@maine.edu
Charlotte White Center with funding from the Maine Health Access Foundation.
November 1, 2014 – October 31, 2017
Charlotte White Center
572 Bangor Road
Dover-Foxcroft, ME 04426
Project Contact at CCIDS:
Janet May, M.Ed.
Coordinator of Transition and Adults
University of Maine
Center for Community Inclusion & Disability Studies
5717 Corbett Hall, Room 204
Orono, ME 04469-5717
TTY users call Maine Relay 711
- Maine Health Access Foundation
- Charlotte White Center
- Pine Tree Hospice
- Community Health & Counseling Services
- Maine Highlands Senior Center
May, J. (2015, November). Person-centered planning with disabled senior citizens in Maine: Case presentations from Piscataquis Thriving in Place project. Poster session presented at the 2015 AUCD Conference, Washington, D.C.