National Disability Voter Registration Week: July 13-17, 2020
Source: American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD), National Disability Voter Registration Week
Every year, the REV UP Campaign coordinates National Disability Voter Registration Week (NDVRW) to increase the political power of people with disabilities by sharing resources and getting folks registered to vote. This year, NDVRW is July 13-17. With an estimated 35 million people with disabilities eligible to vote in 2020, REV UP is inviting state and local organizations to participate in NDVRW in order to raise the disability voice and civic participation across the country!
COVID-19 Update: Although some states are slowly opening up, REV UP is focusing on supporting the disability vote through digital organizing techniques throughout NDVRW!
Selected Resources on Voting
- Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD) Voter Registration Deadlines by State (PDF)
- Maine Voting Guide Part 1: Registering to Vote [Video]. Part 1 Video Transcript.
- Maine Voting Guide Part 2: Casting Your Ballot [Video]. Part 2 Video Transcript.
- Voting Access from Disability Rights Maine, Maine’s Protection and Advocacy Agency.
- Voter Information from the Maine Department of the Secretary of State, Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions.
- AAPD Online Voter Registration Portal. The portal can be shared at the short url: weall.vote/aapdrevup.
- Your Vote Counts: A Self-Advocate’s Guide to Voting in the U.S. from the Autistic Self Advocacy Network. The toolkit focuses on the process of voting, and understanding how to prepare to vote on election day.
- Voting Resources from The Arc.
- Voting Resources from the National Disability Rights Network.
Image courtesy of Disability Rights Maryland.