Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (Volume 3, Issue 1, 2023) – This special issue of the Developmental Disabilities Network Journal (DDNJ) will spur thought, discussion, and a renewed focus on creating genuinely inclusive supports and programs. The issue is a collaboration between the DDNJ and the Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD) Multicultural Council. Full-text downloads are available.
- Equity and Policy: A Blog from the Center – A blog from the University of Maine Center for Community Inclusion and Disability Studies (ME UCEDD) that features diverse stories and viewpoints on topics related to equity and policy that impact Maine individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) across the lifespan, their families, and the communities that support them.
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Hub – Developed by the Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD) to enhance diversity, inclusion, and cultural and linguistic competence in the workforce.
- National Council on Disability Framework to End Health Disparities of People with Disabilities (2023) (15-page PDF) – This policy brief provides rationale for the need of an all-of-government approach to achieve health equity in the United States and our territories for the largest unrecognized minority group in this country, the over 61 million people with disabilities, and sets forth a framework to achieve health equity for all people with disabilities.
- PacWest Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental Disabilities (LEND) Learning Modules: Cultural Crossroads In Disabilities (2022) – A series of learning modules on cultural crossroads in disabilities. Each learning module has an accessible PDF, video description, and discussion questions/reflections with facilitator talking points.
- Paving the Way for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion with Sabrina Smith (2023) (22-minute podcast) – Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD) Network Narratives podcast #17. Sabrina Smith is a senior health project coordinator for the Strong Center for Developmental Disabilities (NY UCEDD) where she co-leads a diversity, equity, and inclusion forum for the developmental-behavioral pediatrics division.
- Promoting Inclusive Practices in the Community (June 2020) [12-page PDF] – This toolkit outlines important steps and evidence-based practices to help organizations continue to create an inclusive culture and community for all. The resources and techniques in this toolkit focus on supporting accessibility and inclusion for individuals with varied cognitive and behavioral abilities. Produced by the Vanderbilt Kennedy Center (TN UCEDD) at Vanderbilt University.