- The 2020 Youth Transition Plan: A Federal Interagency Strategy (PDF) – This report was prepared by the Federal Partners in Transition (FPT) Workgroup. This report is reflective of FPT’s multifaceted, cross-systems approach to provide supports and services to youth with disabilities.
- Family-Centered Transition Planning Curriculum (2022) – Seven-module transition planning curriculum developed by the Center for Community Inclusion and Disability Studies (ME UCEDD) and delivered by Maine Parent Federation.
- From Adolescence to Adulthood: A Blueprint for Helping Maine’s Youth Succeed (2018) (18-page PDF) – Policy brief from the John T. Gorman Foundation to improve public understanding of Maine youth and young adults who are economically disadvantaged, homeless or involved with the state’s foster care or juvenile justice systems. Unique obstacles and promising approaches for this underserved group are discussed.
- Impact: Feature Issue on Transition in a Global Context for People with Intellectual, Developmental, and Other Disabilities (2022) – Published by the Institute on Community Integration (MN UCEDD), this issue in the Impact series focuses on transition in a global context. Preparing for life after high school—whether that means college, work, or simply living in the community—varies greatly around the world.
- A Transition Guide to Postsecondary Education and Employment for Students and Youth with Disabilities (2020) (62 pg. PDF) – This U.S. DOE Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (OSERS) transition guide helps students and youth with disabilities and their families understand how state and local educational agencies and state vocational rehabilitation agencies collaborate to foster improved outcomes for students and youth with disabilities.