Federal and State Laws
- American’s With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Moving Toward Americans with Disabilities Act Compliance: A Checklist and Guide for Privately Operated Child Care Programs (PDF)
- Questions and Answers about the Americans with Disabilities Act (PDF) — A quick reference for child care providers (Updated October 2012).
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act of 2004 (IDEA)
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Maine’s Child Care Licensing – The Division of Licensing, Child Care Licensing Unit, is responsible for issuing Child Care Center Licenses, Family Child Care certificates, and Nursery School licenses. Licensing Rules can be viewed or printed on-line (If you cannot access the document listed below, contact Child Care Licensing at 1.207.287.9300.)
- 05-071 Chapter 101 Maine Unified Special Education Regulation Birth to Age Twenty (263 pg. PDF) – Effective Date: August 25, 2017.