Part 4: Understanding and Applying to Be a Child Care Subsidy Provider
What is the Child Care Subsidy Program (CCSP)?
CCSP helps eligible families to pay for child care so parents can work, go to school, or participate in a job training program. CCSP is also available for eligible families where the adult(s) are retired and are the legal guardian of a child.
Where can families go to get more information and to learn how to apply for CCSP? As a child care business owner/provider you can also learn more about the process that parents go through by visiting this site.
How Do I Get Started as a Provider?
- Go the State of Maine’s Child Care Subsidy Information for Providers’ webpage to learn more.
- Under “Rules” click on the 10-148, Ch. 6 – Child Care Subsidy Program Rules (PDF), and download this go-to guide for information.
- Next, under “Documents and Information”, scroll down to “Child Care Provider Agreement” and click on the one that pertains to your business to download the PDF:
- Licensed Child Care (PDF) (includes a child care facility and a family child care).
- Licensed-Exempt Child Care Provider (PDF)
- Relative Licensed-Exempt Child Care Provider (PDF)
- Within the provider agreement you will provide information about the place of your business, hours of care you provide, ages and number of children, sign a provider agreement, a W-9 vendor form, an example of sign in/sign out sheet, direct deposit banking forms, billing information, and information about the Maine Childcare Market Rates, effective in 2021.
- To participate in the Child Care Subsidy Program your licensed child care facility/family child care program must be enrolled in the Quality for ME, Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS).
- All staff must complete the On-Demand CCDF Health and Safety Training. You can find guidance for how to sign up for the training by reviewing this resource.
- Annually, all staff must complete a renewal version of this health and safety training. You will NOT be prompted to complete this, it’s a good idea to keep this within their employee files as a reminder.
Need Assistance with the CCSP Process?
Contact Information for CCSP: